Faites partie des premières à accéder à nos nouvelles pièces & exclusivités et recevez notre eBook gratuit pour devenir une pro de la mode durable!
Share this Product
How to Imitate an Overlock Stitch to Avoid Frays
Have you altered a piece of clothing and cut the exceeding fabric, leaving the seam allowances unfinished? Or have you sewn a garment yourself without making a finishing stitch, resulting in uncontrollable frays every time you wash it? In this video course, Gaia & Dubos teaches you how to imitate an overlock stitch (finishing stitch) to avoid frays!
Warning! Your sewing machine must comprise a basic zigzag stitch option (normally available on modern domestic machines).
Save by subscribing to the whole series or choose the Premium option to obtain a Skype session with Gaia & Dubos's designer to ask her your questions about the techniques or the operation of your sewing machine!
Required material :
- Sewing machine with a basic zigzag stitch option
- Thread of the colour of the garment you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
- Thread bobbin compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the thread you wish to use
- Needle (size 12, 14 or 16, depending on the thickness of the fabric)
- Sharpened fabric scissors